The apartment is in a complex on Second Street.
It was engulfed in flames when emergency responders arrived around 6 a.m. May 2.
The fire was suspicious because the apartment had not been rented out and its utilities were not turned on.
A member of the complex's board of directors says it appears a squatter with a candle broke into the apartment and was staying there.
The squatter was not caught.
No one was injured.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.