Terre Haute, IN - New ground is being broken on the Fed-Ex Distribution Center in Terre Haute which means adding more space and possibly more jobs for locals.
Officials confirm that construction has already begun on the distribution center, they say more than 19,000 square feet will be added to the current facility making it a total of 72,000 square feet.
This move comes after executives decided to cancel their multi-million dollar project of building a distribution center in Greenwood.
Construction is aiming for completion by September, officials say they do plan to add more workers to the center but will not say how many they plan to hire.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Golfing 'Fore' a Good Cause
- Vigo County School Summer Meals
- Indiana lawmakers hear from upset parents on kindergarten law
- Social Media Post Generates Disapproval