Terre Haute, IN - Owners of Thompson's Honda broke ground today for a new facility on South 41, near Cobblestone Crossing.
This was more than the typical shovel ceremony. Large construction equipment is already moving dirt on the almost seven acre lot.
"The building is going to be a great facility for our customers, a great addition to the community and most importantly for us is, we're going to be building an environmentally friendly dealership that will have hopefully a minimal impact on our surroundings," said owner Scott Jaeger. Honda provided some direction on the design, and Jaeger also worked with an architect.
Depending on weather over the coming months, the new 27,000 square foot facility should be complete in late summer or early fall of next year.
Thompson's has been at its current location behind the Vigo County Courthouse since 1976.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- The Opioid Crisis in the Classroom
- Flags To Honor Those Who Gave All
- Stores join effort to crack down on human trafficking
- Looking Out for False Claims