1. Make sure your eggs are at room temperature. Set them out for about an hour or let them soak in warm water for about 10 minutes.
2. Let butter set out at room temperature for about two hours to soften properly. Avoid trying to soften butter in a microwave. Use stick butter, unsalted is best!
3. When measuring dry ingredients, spoon material into a dry measuring cup. DO NOT use measuring cups designed for liquid ingredients. Heap over the edge and level off with a knife.
4. Grease pans with a brush. It makes for a more even spread of shortening. To flour, place a small amout in pan and coat by moving it around. Have the second cake pan greased so you can use the excess flour to do the second pan.
5. Place the pans with batter on the center rack as close as possible to the middle. Then rotate halfway through the baking time to ensure even baking.
6. Let cakes cool about ten minutes before removing from the pan. Take knife and slide around the edge to loosen the cake before inverting the pan onto another plate.
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY BAKING!!!!
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.