If you're getting ready to take your car on a long road trip, it's important to ensure it's prepared for the journey ahead. Before you hit the road, make sure you do the following:
1. Schedule a checkup and have basic maintenance (checking wipers and fluid levels) performed.
2. Check your oil and get a tune up if necessary.
3. Have a technician check your brakes to make sure the brake pads aren't worn down.
4. Rotate tires and check the pressure in all of your tires before heading out on the road.
5. Pack an emergency kit in the car with basic tools and a flash light in case you run into any unforeseen issues.